Photo booths post lockdown 2021, our thoughts!
We don’t have a crystal ball to gaze into the future but we were fairly accurate in 2021. We listen all the time to our clients and the wider industry and would love to hear your comments.
1. Sizeable gatherings at parties and weddings will be replaced with more intimate groups and perhaps, outdoor ‘al fresco’ style parties. Gardens and rustic barn settings will become the sought-after location. Guest numbers in the main venue may be limited and brand new booths, such as our Everybooth® Lite model will operate with integral battery packs meaning they are perfect to use on event grounds or a marquee setting.
2. Open-air booths will be used instead of the traditional “passport picture“ styled oval booths. Already very popular, our retro-styled booths look like old fashioned wooden plate cameras and are used with either a custom backdrop, floral wall or with features of the venue itself, such as a bookcase or an ornate wall.
3. It is unlikely in the short term that props will be used in the same way as they have been. This is especially true with silly hat and mask type props. Large groups of people and “photobombing” the camera won’t be so popular. Instead, guests will pose for more sophisticated images including glamorous B&W square photos for the the Instagram age. Often called “The Kardashian Booth“, or studio booth our Everybooths® have been adapted with both software and traditional photographic optical filters This combined with professional studio lighting and a Canon DSLR camera gives a truly flattering professional photographic image worthy of printing ,framing and cherishing as well as sharing to social media.
4. Hygiene routines and “social distancing“, if applicable, will be a primary concern. The small number of props that may be used such as the retro microphone can be thoroughly sanitised with alcohol-based wipes. Hand sanitizer will also be available – our photo booths always have a photographer/ booth host present to ensure the smooth running of the booth and to make sure guests can use the booth to its full potential. They will now have the added responsibility of ensuring guests adhere to guidelines for everybody’s well-being.
5. Technology, as always, will provide solutions to problems we had never thought about. Our vintage booths now have the ability to offer a contactless experience. Guests can register either at the event or prior to arrival with their smartphones. The link gives them a unique QR scanner code which they present to the screen on the front of the booth. This begins the photo booth action and instantly emails or texts the picture to their phone as well as printing a postcard-sized image. The whole photo booth experience can now be completed with absolutely no physical touching by the guests and with no waiting in a queue. Now that is a game-changer!
6. In 2022, weddings will be celebrated every day of the week, not just weekends, to catch up with canceled and postponed dates. Despite the headaches and heartbreaks of 2020/21, the industry will bounce back with the finest venues, caterers, florists, photographers and photo booth suppliers remaining in high demand.
7. The high street as we know it was changing rapidly even before the pandemic with bricks and mortar shops being replaced by online sales. Retailers will need to encourage their clients to come into shops for an experience, rather than just shop for essentials. “Retailtainment” will become a buzzword for brands who will be using shops as a stage to showcase their products. The latest photo booths are perfect for this setting enabling an interactive brand-building experience. Greenscreen or A.I. background removal will provide images to delight shoppers who will go on to share them on social media. The limit really will become your imagination!
8. Working from home or hybrid working will become the new norm. Many staff will only meet their fellow team colleagues at team building and social occasions, especially at the large corporates. The photo booth is an ideal way to break the ice at any gathering and is perfect for putting names to faces with shared pictures.
9. Large events will be planned for the summer months rather than the traditional Christmas period. Many of our large corporate events over the last two Christmases have been canceled or postponed sometimes within hours of the event start and rearranged for summer parties.
2 thoughts on “9 photo booth predictions for 2022 and the new normal”
Thanks for sharing the valuable information for all. if you have any query you can visit our website (www.laphotoparty.com ) today!
Good points about avoiding contact and how a different style booth is on the rise. We see the bigger Magic Mirror type the most popular.