1. Sizeable gatherings at parties and weddings will be replaced with more intimate groups and perhaps, outdoor ‘al fresco’ style parties. Gardens and rustic barn settings will become the sought after location. Guest numbers in the main venue may be limited and brand new booths, such as our Everybooth® Lite model will operate with integral battery packs meaning they are perfect to use in event grounds or under a marquee.
2. Open-air booths will be used instead of the traditional “passport picture“ styled oval booths – already very popular, our retro-styled booths look like old fashioned wooden plate cameras and are used with either a custom backdrop or with features of the venue itself, such as a bookcase or an ornate wall.
3. It is unlikely that props will be used in the same way as they have been. This is especially true with silly hat and mask type props. Instead, guests will pose for more sophisticated images including glamorous B&W photographs – often called “The Kardashian Booth“, our Everybooths® has been adapted with both software and traditional photographic optical filters. This combined with professional studio lighting and a Canon DSLR camera gives a truly flattering professional photographic image worthy of printing as well as sharing.
4. Hygiene routines and “social distancing“, if applicable, will be a primary concern. The small number of props that may be used such as the retro microphone can be thoroughly sanitised with alcohol-based wipes. Hand sanitiser will also be available – our photo booths always have a photographer/team member present to ensure the smooth running of the booth. In addition to assisting guests to achieve the best picture, they will now have the added responsibility of ensuring guests adhere to guidelines for everybody’s well being.
5. Technology, as always, will provide the solution. We now have the ability to offer contactless photo booths. Guests can register either at the event or prior to arrival with their smartphones. The link gives them a unique QR scanner code which they present to the screen on the front of the booth. This begins the photo booth action and instantly emails or texts the picture to their phone as well as printing a postcard-sized image. The whole photo booth experience can now be completed with absolutely no physical touching by the guests and with no waiting in a queue. Now that is a game-changer!
6. The photo booth business has always adapted and innovated since it’s beginning in 1925. The very first was called the Automaton and was in New York on Broadway near Times Square. Customers queued around the block for the chance to have 8 pictures taken and printed in 10 minutes. Again the industry will rise to this current viral challenge that will see bigger changes than when film was replaced by digital photography.
Suitable for all ages any gathering of people whether for a wedding ,social party or corporate and marketing event -this is a great reason to have a photo booth.
Despite the small area and easy set up the booth will act as a focal point for guests or clients to congregate – what a great way of getting people together.
There are two main types of booth ; the ‘open’ or ‘studio booth’ where the guests stand in front of a custom backdrop or even the background and furnishing of the venue itself ;particularly effective if it’s a high end luxury location. These open photo booths offer a spontaneous experience -commonly , groups of people will gather together to see how many they can get into a picture. A fantastic ” ice breaker” and networking opportunity especially with suitable props.
The other style of photo booth ;-is the ‘enclosed’ booth which is comparable to a passport or driving license photo machine. These usually come with a stool and a privacy curtain. Small groups can squeeze in and pose for a variety of pictures with or without props. Nowadays ,classic motor vehicles are being adapted as working photo booths. Particular favourites are the iconic London or New York Taxis and the original VW camper van.
Both types of photo booth offer the ability to instanly print a strip of photos for guests. After all , who does not like to take home a real photo in their hands ? It is both entertaining and something to go in the goody bag or a party favour.
Our Everybooth ® integrates the most influential social media platforms and can upload to Facebook ® and Twitter® complete with corporate branding or an ididividual message. Now that is what we call “spreading the news”
For marketing or ‘brand activations’ this is such a powerful way to promote a business we refer to our booth as “The Swiss Army Knife” of digital marketing. It will add a buzz to your event spreading your message in a subtle way with the possibility of going viral on the web. An amazing opportunity to get increased customer ‘likes’ on your Facebook page or ‘retweets’ for better engagement with your current and potential clients. Great photographs deserve to be put on display -and so does your company or brand.
Easy to build and break down ,requiring little space or dispuption to the organisers , Smartpicsuk® offers a wide range of pricing to suit most budgets but we are aimed at the premium end of the event photography market where we aim to stand out like a “flamingo in a flock of pidgeons”.
A pop-up or portable studio along with photo booths are now an essential addition to all high-end events and promotions.
From corporate parties and team building, trade & award events, consumer promotions or brand activations and large fundraising events.
Often compared and often mistaken for a photo booth the pop up studio offers a studio environment with associated lighting where a professional photographer will direct participants into the most flattering pose for the best looking images.
The studio is often used in conjunction with instant onsite photographic printing which can be branded with client or sponsor logos and artwork.
As well as walking away with a high-quality photograph guests can also share the photographs online keeping your brand in front of potential clients.
Team building and other corporate & incentive events are becoming more and more popular even in these budget stretched times. A high-quality photograph will remain long after the food and drinks are cleared away.
Get in touch today to find out how Smartpicsuk photographers can help promote your brand or cause by making tomorrow’s memories today.
Corporate, Charity and Private Event Photography in London, and the UK